People believe that great photographs are images that can move and touch people’s heart and emotion when they see it. The following is a compilation of the world most powerful photograph which can probably amaze you.
1. Peoria, Illinois, America, 1963 – this boy is Harold whittles who got surprised when he heard a sound for the first time in his life.
2. Washington, America, 1967 — Jan Rose Kashmir was only 17 years old when she put a flower in one of armies’ bayonet which becomes a universal symbol of anti-war movement.
3. Ethiopia, 2012 – a woman from Mursi tribe in Ethiopia read the French edition of a vogue magazine for the first time. And for the result as stated by the photographer in charge, Eric Lafforgue after taking the photograph “well, they seemed to really like it but it was actually my driver who enjoyed it more”.
4. Vancouver, Canada, 2011 — Scott Jones (29) tried to calm his girlfriend Alexandra Thomas in the middle of a blowing riot after the defeat of Vancouver Canucks club from Boston Bruins in hockey match of Stanley Cup 2011. Alexandra fell on the ground after a policeman hit her.
5. Rome, Italia, 1950 – Nina lee Craig (20) walked down Pedestrian Street of Rome. “I was really not teased by those guys” said her as part of her reaction after the image was criticized of being a part of woman’s exploitation by a group of people. “All the guys there were polite and nice. Me personally and Ruth the photographer were really happy.
6. Kumgang Mountains, Korea, 2009 – a South Korean citizen could not hold his tears when the bus that took his brother, a North Korean citizen, left their reunion location. It was the first time the brothers met each other after the cease fire between two nations in 1953.
7. A female scavenger or a waste picker in Nairobi, Kenya read pieces of book which was found among trashes and rubbishes. “I am happy when I can do something else other than just picking trashes”.
8. Valdaro, Italia, 2006 – a pair of human’ skeletons which were allegedly 5000-6000 years old were found hugging each other. Those two skeletons which were later dubbed “Valdaro lovers” are believed to have died at the age of no older than 20 years old.
9 Taken by one of her partners in the same battalion, this female American army was seen holding hands with an Afghanistan girl before they entered a village together. Sometimes, when a girl walked alone, some mischievous boys would throw stones at her for fun. This American army made sure that the little girl was safe from that.
10. Vietnam, 1972 – children ran for their life avoiding American army planes that rained them with Napalm, a skin burner substance. The children scream in pain of sweltering which was heard by a photographer, Nick Ut who took this image.
11. Kim Phuc, a little girl who was seen running naked screaming in pain of sweltering in the middle of Napalm rain in the picture of Vietnam War above finally becomes a mother.
12. Austria, 1940 – an orphan boy is thrilled to receive a pair of new shoes from Red Cross society.
13. A punk guy allowed a black boy touching his stud jacket in a champagne parade for the equal right to love.