Archive for the ‘Beginner’s Guide to Photography’ Category
Laziness is the main enemy in performing maintenance of your photographic equipment, when in actuality this process isn’t so time-consuming and has many long-term benefits when done regularly. Maintenance of your gear is essential in order to maintain our investment as a photographer for a long time to come.
Here are some tips for caring for your DSLRs and photographic equipment: Read the rest of this entry » .
As fans of photography, we of course understand that the equipment isn’t the only entity behind a good photograph. But the emergence of newer more powerful models is inevitable. This phenomenon has resulted in:
– The arising feeling of self-consciousness and loss of confidence felt by owners of older models, as new models start to multiply.
– Disappointment and the feeling of irritation felt by those who had just bought a model that’s fast replaced by the fast emergence of a newer one in the market.
– The confusion it results on prospective camera buyer has, especially beginners.
– The highly biased opinions shouted by hardcore fans of certain brands, creating much more confusion to certain camera owners. Read the rest of this entry » .
The following are some common mistakes made by beginner and amateur photographers. The people at Panasonic found these via a survey they conducted, numbered in order of its frequency.
1. Most common mistake made by digital camera users, of up to 35.2% of the people surveyed, is the loss of battery power. Digital cameras, obviously, only work with batteries installed. Therefore, bestselling digital camera models usually have long battery life (capable of taking up to 500 shots).
2. The second most common mistake, at 29.3%, is the blurriness of the photographs due to camera shakes. Camera shakes are of course the fault of its users. However, a good camera will lessen these affects with its more ergonomic shape and faster shutter speeds. Read the rest of this entry »
When starting out with your photography business, the most important thing to determine is how much your services will cost your client. There are many factors to think about when determining your price. Here are some factors to consider: Read the rest of this entry »
The most common events that you would be documenting when you’re into photography would be your family events, Groups and weddings. Creating memorable wedding and family event photos aren’t difficult, as long as it’s planned and organized accordingly. Here are some tips to get you going: Read the rest of this entry ».
Related Photography Ideas for Beginner’s Guide to Photography at OneSlidePhotography.com
The subject of sports photography is extensive and as with playing sports, the more you practice the better you will be.Put simply, there is no right or wrong way to shoot sports. It’s an individual choice determined by you own vision, creativity, your visual goals, and access to the action. Knowing the sport is critical—not […]
Smartphone camera, DSLR, Instagram are hardly new things for kids in this era. Most of them in their teens know and are able to use them. But what happens when they are handed a point and shot camera that is quite outdated and rustic since it was a high-tech camera around the 98’s. How they […]
In the previous post, we talk about auto focus, how it is used and what its strengths and its weaknesses. In this article, we would like to cover details on some of shooting conditions where the auto focus is not the good option and the manual focus is the one that should be chosen to […]
To be a photographer journalistic is not an easy job. Any difficult situation should be faced and their duty is to take good photos from there. It must be not easy to take photos in such crowded and uncontrollable chaos. There are some tips on photojournalistic to shoot during chaos as well as normal moments […]
Waterfalls seem to grab the hearts and minds of people. Go to any location that has one or more waterfalls and it is pretty much a guarantee that they will be a major attraction, if not the main attraction, of the area. However, as beautiful as waterfalls are, it is not so easy to capture […]
Photography and social media are two inseparable elements that always go hand in hand. Most of photographers especially beginners will always post their works on Facebook, twitter, instagram and etc. to show them off to people. They expect to get good comments and some feedbacks as well as praises. But there are some of their […]
There is no doubt that great photos require a skilled and talented photographer to shoot them. Both skill and talent help photographers to correctly implement a scene’s elements such as light, shadow, composition and objects to create an amazing photo.Of all the various subjects, people reliably make the best photographs. Nothing is more fascinating to […]