The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
Who doesn’t know instagram these days? This photo-processing app is installed in almost every smart phone all over the world. The way it works is simple. This app adds various filters (most of which are vintage-inspired) on photos taken with the phone’s camera, then it uploads it onto its built-in social website. It’s for certain […]
If you want to find out how often a camera is used to photograph, then what you can do is check the shutter count number of that camera. This is very useful when you want to buy a used camera. Shutter Count (SC for short) is the total amount of times the camera’s shutter has […]
Plenty of us are curious about Google’s hot new gadget that is the Google Glass and what features it beholds. Yes, the Google Glass is not specialized as a photography or camcorder gadget, but it can be deemed an innovation in the world of photography. What’s interesting, this gadget has a camera embedded in the […]
Here are some general tips on posing for the camera. During a photo shoot, the photographer will usually direct the model for any specific poses that the photographer is trying to capture, but it helps if the model knows what to do without a lot of direction.
Learning photography is very exciting but for you who are still very new to this world may get little bit confused of where to start and how to master the art of it. Do not worry because we have 9 tricks and tips to share here. 1. Learning photography first and then you will hardly […]
If we buy an L series lens from Canon, surely we will find a line of code on the back of the lens. The code is the code of the year and the place where the lens was made. Now, for buying lenses, especially the used lens .. this code can be very utilized in […]
Snorkeling and deep-sea diving has become more and more popular and most anyone can now participate in this sport, especially for those living besides coastal lines, islands, or those vacationing to places like these. With the rapid advancement of digital camera technology, underwater photography can be a new hobby for those diving enthusiasts. Here are […]