The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs d5000 comparison at OneSlidePhotography.com
1. The word “photography” was first mentioned by an eminent mathematic and astronomic expert, Sir John Frederick William Herschel in 1839. 2. Leica is identical to Germany but it is actually made in Canada and Portugal as well. 3. Single lens reflex camera (SLR) was first discovered in 1861 by Thomas Sutton – and it […]
With the development of the digital age and the internet, it surely have massive effect on the progress of digital photography. Facebook is one of the leading social network website that highly effects the digital photography world. In face, we can easily share photos, tag them, and comment photographs posted by friends with the greatest […]
Here are a few tips to help you create beach photos that can be enjoyed by you, your friends, and your whole family: – The best time to capture beautiful beach panoramas are during the early morning or early evening because the sun is at a low angle, making textures and shadows look better in […]
image by TheFella Indeed, images taken from airplane’s window do not offer variation of angles because we sit in one place without any chance to move here and there. Though this kind of photo taking is rather boring yet if you can manage to shoot with the right techniques in the right timing, the results […]
Here are some tips of how to take a stunning sunset photography. A golden hour time, with special atmosphere, that very great time to take a photographs. Let’s see some technique and tips for take a better sunset.
With the progress of technology of the digital camera comes the increase of megapixels in newer models. Megapixels are the unit used to measure resolution of a digital camera’s sensor. Many beginner photographers who don’t fully comprehend the importance of camera specifications assumes that the larger the megapixel, the better the camera. But that’s not […]
At times, you may find that your friends’ collection of travelling photos look strikingly similar to ones on postcards which can be easily brought in airports when they come back home. This is a common thing since while holidaying; they usually try to take images or photos of iconic places where they actually go. What […]