The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs d5000 comparison at OneSlidePhotography.com
These photos interest you? And are you curious as to how they were taken? Like what camera was used, what filters, shutter speed settings, ISO? Or maybe you’re curious as to how it was edited in photoshop and what techniques were used to get these results? I will explain to you in detail and answer […]
FAQ and General Facts about DSLR Lens Hoods 1. What is the purpose of a lens hood and what the extent in difference of the outcomes between the use and non-use of it? 2. When and in what situations should the lens hood be used? 3. Is there a significant difference in results when using […]
Here are a few tips and tricks for birding photography enthusiasts, whether it be for photographing pets or wild birds. 1. What you’ll need: – 300mm or 400mm telephoto lens – Teleconverters. – Monopod or Tripod – Camoflauge clothing; such as jacket, pants, and hats. – Beanbag – Camera Bag – Mosquito-repellent lotion.
So you wanna be a cycling photographer? Sure, it looks like a cool job (it is!), but if you think the magazine editors will line up to buy your poorly cropped, badly lit, blurry shots of the back end of the pack… think again. If you’re standing along the route of a bicycle race and […]
If you use digital camera or Smartphone, you must know card memory well. On the previous article, I have covered about some tips on preserving this smart card so it can last long and is always ready to be used anytime. But do you know that there are so many types of memory cards in […]
One of the things photographers do during post process is to adjust tones and colors to produce the desired overall tone of the photograph. There are no concrete standards to producing a certain photographic tone. It all boils down to taste and preference of the photographer. One of my and some of my friends’ favorite […]
Many assumes that the shutter count of a camera determines the age of the camera. There’s some truth in that, but it’s not all there is to it. Sure, the more frequently a camera is used, the greater the chance of damage but the figures on the shutter count can’t be used as a reference […]