The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon eos 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
Myth: Anti-Shake means the photos will always be sharp. Image stabilizer, Vibration Reduction, SteadyShot and other less known titles are just different tags manufacturers use for one similar system: Vibration reducer. This system reduces vibration caused by shaky hands, providing you with sharp images. This feature can be deemed a must-have if you’re planning to […]
To choose a Smartphone with a good quality camera is actually not difficult only if we know exactly what to be considered. The most important thing to decide is the image sensor of the camera which is usually neglected. The bigger the image sensor is, the better the quality of the camera. Most cameras have […]
Here are A World History of Photography by Naomi Rosenblum. Encompasses the entire range of the photographic medium, from the camera lucida to up-to-date computer technology, and from Europe and the Americas to the Far East. The text investigates all aspects of photography – aesthetic, documentary, commercial and technical – while placing it in historical […]
One of the most fun activities in photography is model shoot, especially for guys. It cannot be denied that the models’ captivating beauty and great curvy body can make the photographer lost in their world. Though it seems easy, model shoot has its own challenge like how we direct the model to act certain pose, […]
Here are, collections of cool and sexy fixed gear photography from around the world…enjoy 😉
Plenty of us are curious about Google’s hot new gadget that is the Google Glass and what features it beholds. Yes, the Google Glass is not specialized as a photography or camcorder gadget, but it can be deemed an innovation in the world of photography. What’s interesting, this gadget has a camera embedded in the […]
Taking images of Moon can be challenging, unpredictable, complicated and at the same time it can be the most interesting thing to do especially when the moon rises as a huge globe over the horizon. It’s without question the brightest spot in the night sky and maybe due to the lunar mystic or simply due […]