The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon eos 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
People photography is always popular, as evidenced by the millions of faces, arms, legs and muscles gracing the pages of magazines, billboards and grandma’s brag book. In todays highly competitive modeling world one of the key factors that successful models must have is a clear understanding of how to pose for the camera. Every model […]
Image credit: Photograph by John Noerr What would you do if your camera and its memory card plunges into a muddy creek during a camping trip? Of course, with a heavy heart, you’ll give the camera up and deem it lost. Even if you’re to be able to find it, it’ll be in a state […]
Many beginner photographers think that a good photo can only be obtained by using a sharp lens that produces sharpness right to the edge of the frame. There’s truth in that, but it’s not always so. A sharp image without a sharp message doesn’t amount to much of a photograph. What would make a better […]
No, that’s not a toy you’re seeing, it’s a real, working camera, complete with Micro-SD storage up to 32 gigs.The Mame-Cam is a fully functioning ultra tiny camera that can take still images and video. Created by Thanko, a Japanese company, the Mame-Cam utilizes a microSD card to store all of its data. Small enough […]
1. Organize/ construct the placement of your subjects. First thing you need to do is of course to prepare the subjects/ food you’re going to photograph. Even if the photography technique is top notch, if the food isn’t constructed well and is all over the place, the results won’t look delicious. When organizing the food […]
There come times when we are asked to photograph friends and passersby, and they may have a distinct “unflattering” features about them (this may be in the form of a flat nose, chubby cheeks, oversized ears, and so on). We may be doing them a favor and may even make their day if we shoot […]
Here’s four ‘rules’ for landscape photography that might be helpful for those just starting out (ie they’re not meant as a definitive guide but rather a starting point) :