The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon eos 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
For some people, candid photography is a fun activity. The photos resulted usually look more natural and there is a certain amount of satisfaction when you can capture the right momentum or people’s exact and interesting expressions. Maybe you have often tried doing this candid photography, either using you cell phone camera of “serious” camera. […]
Here are a few tips to help you create beach photos that can be enjoyed by you, your friends, and your whole family: – The best time to capture beautiful beach panoramas are during the early morning or early evening because the sun is at a low angle, making textures and shadows look better in […]
Capturing fireworks is fun, capturing fireworks pictures are an example of beauty and excitement happening at the same time, but also a rather difficult moment to capture on camera correctly. Oftentimes the photographer is left with pictures of white streaks outlining a very black sky. The following are some tips that will help anyone photograph […]
A camera is, of course, an essential asset to a photographer. To protect said asset, regular maintenance is necessary. But there are many novice photographers who does the opposite in the name of maintenance. Instead of keeping it at tip top shape, they end up unknowingly damage their valuable camera. What are the do’s and […]
Learn 3 different studio portrait lighting techniques using just one light.
Great images start with great Lenses and, in many ways, an SLR is defined by the quality, breadth and scope of its associated system of Lenses. For many, Canon EF/EF-S Lenses alone are reason enough to choose the EOS System. A unique blend of the world’s most advanced optical, microelectronic, and precision manufacturing technologies, the […]
Cleaning the lens can help improve image quality. Here’s a pretty lengthy video tutorial by the (unofficial) Nikon Help Hotline channel on YouTube teaching how to properly and thoroughly clean a camera lens.