The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon eos 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
Portrait photography is not rocket science. Photographers have been capturing portraits of people since cameras were invented. When you create a portrait of someone, your goal is to create a likeness of the person at his best. But how do you capture a portrait of someone at his best when he’s camera shy, for instance?
Photography can indeed become a hobby that can be done anywhere and at any time. From grandiose landscape photography to the most trivial of objects, photography can be made artistic by its photographer. With the right techniques, accurate lighting, and high artistic taste, a mere leaf can make for an interesting photograph. Here are a […]
The following are important factors in assessing the optical quality of a lens: -A good lens has the same sharpness in the center as it does at the edges (bad-quality lenses have a corner softness). -Good lenses can also capture with sharpness at any focal length and at any aperture setting (except when it exceed […]
Cleaning the lens can help improve image quality. Here’s a pretty lengthy video tutorial by the (unofficial) Nikon Help Hotline channel on YouTube teaching how to properly and thoroughly clean a camera lens.
First, I would like to explain what a “kit” lens actually is. A kit lens is a lens that is usually bundled in the package when buying a new DSLR camera. For beginner DSLR kits, the kit lenses bundled in are also beginner lenses and cheap in price. But if you have the opportunity to […]
This is a fierce battle between two middle class DSLRs for this year. Nikon’s D7000 (D90’s successor) goes against Canon’s EOS 60D (somewhat of 50D’s successor, though in some aspects, the real 50D successor is the 7D). Although for starters I will that they are equally good, of course the features may differ slightly. Read […]
1.Barbie Camera If you’re a fan of cameras, but don’t want to own one that looks like a camera, you have to check out these new merchandise from Barbie. Called the Fashion Photo Barbie, this camera is designed in the shape of a Barbie doll. So it’s basically a Barbie Doll with camera features. This […]