The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon eos 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
Travelling won’t feel complete without including your trusty camera in your packing. However, the value (both in the price tag and sentimental value) you carry along when you bring your camera means you’ll need to an extra dose of vigilance when bringing them along. Don’t let your guards down just because you’re too absorbed with […]
As a photographer, especially as a beginner, you’ve most likely encountered the following questions. Or maybe even you yourself still ask these questions, and they still go unanswered. 1. What’s the best camera brand? 2. Which camera best suits for amateur? 3. How long does it take to master photography when you’re starting from zero? […]
The D3100 is built around a 14.2 megapixel CMOS sensor, bringing not only live view but also Full HD video capture to Nikon’s entry-level model for the first time. In fact, this made it the first Nikon DSLR to offer 1920×1080 movie recording. It can only record clips up to about ten minutes long (due […]
All digital cameras, may it be a DSLR or prosumer digital cameras, there is a dial button to camera’s modes. The dial most often encountered is that for the PSAM and Auto Full Auto Modes. But what are the different between the P and the Auto Mode? They’re very similar in that they can be […]
For a photographer, memory card is a precious asset. It will be so fatal if your memory card is error or damaged in the middle of shooting sessions. In order to prevent such thing, there are some tips and tricks to make your card camera always in good condition.
When starting out with your photography business, the most important thing to determine is how much your services will cost your client. There are many factors to think about when determining your price. Here are some factors to consider:
An age-old question that may make the beginner photographers wonder: “Which should come first, buying a wide-aperture lens or buying a flash for photographing in low lighting?” On one hand, a fast wide-aperture lens may be more important because it can be more often used when photographing in low-lit indoors or to achieve good bokeh […]