The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon eos 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
For those of you who are still learning photography, have you ever been puzzled as to why your photos didn’t turn out sharp even though you’ve bought a high-tech camera with an expensive lens and settings that you feel was right for the shot? Or why when you’ve used a tripod, the photo still looks […]
At however great of an angle a photo is taken by a photographer, however sharp the lens, or however large the pixels of the camera sensors are, a photo shoot will only be success if the lighting is perfect. And of course photo studio lights have a pivotal role in the process. The photographer who […]
Here comes the time when I am going to talk about wide-angle lens. This lens is my favorite. I cannot say exactly why, but I can give you a few points that I like most in the lens. And those points are: stretching the perspective, making the object that closer to the lens look much […]
Learn 3 different studio portrait lighting techniques using just one light.
There are several differences to consider when deciding whether to purchase the D5100 or D90.
The following is a very special café which is really like no other. This unique cafe is located six miles to the east of South Korea in Yangpyeon district. Customers may drive on their own cars in order to reach the location or take a train from Seoul. Though the distance is quite far, yet […]
For all those who own a Canon DSLR, there’s a custom firmware called Magic Lantern for selected Canon DSLR types. Started out as having functions tailored for videographers, the newer versions of Magic Lantern also has features useful for photographers. It’s an addon/plugin for your camera’s firmware and is installed in the memory card. It’s […]