The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon eos 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable […]
This video will help you set up and understand the different settings in your Nikon D7000. I walk you through each step of the way while interjecting how I would set up the menu if I owned the camera. If you have a Nikon D90 this video will also help you set up your camera […]
Here are, collections of cool and sexy fixed gear photography from around the world…enjoy 😉
There are 11 modes of shooting on a Nikon Entry Level camera (D70s, D80, D90..etc). They are: M = Fully Manual Mode In this mode, the settings of the camera are fully manual (shutter speeds, aperture, ISO, etc). Most suitable for indoor studio photography, this setting can also be used outdoors. However, due to frequently […]
Landscape photography are usually accomplished using a wide angle lens. But what if all you have is a telephoto lens but you want to capture a wide landscape shot? No worries, this tutorial will show you how to create a landscape photo using Adobe Photoshop CS6. The main point is to compile a number of […]
Recently pizza hut restaurant released a campaign video and unique promotion on SELFIE. In the video, pizza hut gives a warning to masses about the danger of the use of SELFIE STICK. According to them, this stick can put yourself and other people surrounding you in danger. Funnily, they also insert a promotion scene that […]
If you want to buy a lens for Canon DSLR, maybe you would be flustered to choose which version from two that you should buy. The first version is lens in standard box which printed an information about the lens on it. The second version is lens in white box, just plain white box without […]