The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon eos 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
A veteran travel photographer for lonely planet, Richard I’Anson has traveled the world over. Having been to all 7 continents and over 85 countries, he’s photographed and told stories of many different cultures. In this video, he explains basic points in achieving successful results when photographing in your travels. Some of the main points are:
There is no doubt that great photos require a skilled and talented photographer to shoot them. Both skill and talent help photographers to correctly implement a scene’s elements such as light, shadow, composition and objects to create an amazing photo.Of all the various subjects, people reliably make the best photographs. Nothing is more fascinating to […]
BRIKK is known for its unlimited and excessive creativity which can goes beyond everyone’s expectation. They always make a collaboration that make people amazed and in awe such as by plating the Apple logo with diamond and gold on iPhone 6. This time, BRIKK is in collaboration with Nikon to plate one of its camera […]
When I first started to pursue photography as a hobby up to the point where I finally can call myself a professional, I’ve come across many myths or misconceptions in the field of photography that can inhibit or affect the progress of beginner photographers.
Many beginners often ask: “How do I make the background of my photograph look blurry?” It is actually quite easy to achieve and it can be done in three easy steps. First of all, you will need a DSLR type camera because DSLRs have large sensors and the lenses are interchangeable. You can, however, try […]
Sometimes we are faced with a situation that requires us to take photos in the sun. Even if whe the position of the sun is at its heat-inducing peak is not a great time to shoot photos. Here are some tips to minimize your shortcomings:
Do you own an SLR or DLSR camera? Try and pay attention to the top part of the camera. Find the Greek letter Phi a circle divided in half by a long line mark that’s usually placed not far from the view finder. Maybe this feature is familiar to those who’ve been into photography for […]