As fans of photography, we of course understand that the equipment isn’t the only entity behind a good photograph. But the emergence of newer more powerful models is inevitable. This phenomenon has resulted in:
– The arising feeling of self-consciousness and loss of confidence felt by owners of older models, as new models start to multiply.
– Disappointment and the feeling of irritation felt by those who had just bought a model that’s fast replaced by the fast emergence of a newer one in the market.
– The confusion it results on prospective camera buyer has, especially beginners.
– The highly biased opinions shouted by hardcore fans of certain brands, creating much more confusion to certain camera owners. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for To Buy or Not to Buy photography equipment at OneSlidePhotography.com
1. The word “photography” was first mentioned by an eminent mathematic and astronomic expert, Sir John Frederick William Herschel in 1839. 2. Leica is identical to Germany but it is actually made in Canada and Portugal as well. 3. Single lens reflex camera (SLR) was first discovered in 1861 by Thomas Sutton – and it […]
In this second part, we’ll learn how to create the selective color photography effect in easier steps. This 2nd way is accomplished by merely sliding parameters and saturation settings. Here’s how:
For all those who own a Canon DSLR, there’s a custom firmware called Magic Lantern for selected Canon DSLR types. Started out as having functions tailored for videographers, the newer versions of Magic Lantern also has features useful for photographers. It’s an addon/plugin for your camera’s firmware and is installed in the memory card. It’s […]
Focusing accurately is important in getting sharp photos. Photos with an offed focus is difficult or almost beyond repair.Back in the day, there was only manual focus. Manual focus are rather difficult for DSLR cameras because the viewfinder is smaller and less bright. Fortunately, there’s now auto focus in modern DSLR cameras.Even so, we must […]
For those of you new to photography, shopping for a new camera can get quite confusing. Oftentimes beginners or amateurs of photography spend countless hours in the store and still end up buying the wrong product (not what’s right for their needs) because lack of knowledge and information. In order to obtain the right digital […]
A veteran travel photographer for lonely planet, Richard I’Anson has traveled the world over. Having been to all 7 continents and over 85 countries, he’s photographed and told stories of many different cultures. In this video, he explains basic points in achieving successful results when photographing in your travels. Some of the main points are:
The most common events that you would be documenting when you’re into photography would be your family events, Groups and weddings. Creating memorable wedding and family event photos aren’t difficult, as long as it’s planned and organized accordingly. Here are some tips to get you going: