The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
A veteran travel photographer for lonely planet, Richard I’Anson has traveled the world over. Having been to all 7 continents and over 85 countries, he’s photographed and told stories of many different cultures. In this video, he explains basic points in achieving successful results when photographing in your travels. Some of the main points are:
Canon T3 and Nikon D3100 is the entry level DSLR camera in 2011. Both cameras are selling at the same price (around $599 with kit lens). Both cameras are intended for beginners or people who do not use DSLR camera before, so both cameras are beginner-friendly, small and lightweight.
An age-old question that may make the beginner photographers wonder: “Which should come first, buying a wide-aperture lens or buying a flash for photographing in low lighting?” On one hand, a fast wide-aperture lens may be more important because it can be more often used when photographing in low-lit indoors or to achieve good bokeh […]
Here are some tips how to take care for a good camera to function properly and live longer :
A commercial Wildlife photographer, Chris McLennan has spent the last 20 years traveling around the world capturing various wildlife locations. In this video, he shares several key things you should follow to ensure a successfully prominent wildlife photograph. Some of the key points in the video for best wildlife photography are:
Traveling and photography are inseparable. Traveling is a way to grow as a photographer. And if you own a DSLR, you mostly likely want it to be your companion throughout your journey. But due to its larger size and the more fragile lenses attached to it, storing DSLRs require more care than the average point-and-shoot […]
Snorkeling and deep-sea diving has become more and more popular and most anyone can now participate in this sport, especially for those living besides coastal lines, islands, or those vacationing to places like these. With the rapid advancement of digital camera technology, underwater photography can be a new hobby for those diving enthusiasts. Here are […]