The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
Have you ever find your camera lens fogged after being in a cold area? Like when you’re taking a trip to the mountains or when you get out of an air conditioned vehicle? This won’t be a problem for you if the fogging only occurs on the outside of the lens. But if the fogging […]
You’ll want to remember every part of your big day. Print this list for your wedding planner. Feel free to personalize this list with your own special requests.
Smartphone camera, DSLR, Instagram are hardly new things for kids in this era. Most of them in their teens know and are able to use them. But what happens when they are handed a point and shot camera that is quite outdated and rustic since it was a high-tech camera around the 98’s. How they […]
So you wanna be a cycling photographer? Sure, it looks like a cool job (it is!), but if you think the magazine editors will line up to buy your poorly cropped, badly lit, blurry shots of the back end of the pack… think again. If you’re standing along the route of a bicycle race and […]
Photo by : Ciel Photography on Flickr As what was done by the two pioneers of this field of photography, lomography has developed into a photographic technique that ignores the existing rules. When executing conventional photography techniques, a lot of rules must be adhered to (e.g. shutter speed, ISO, and aperture) to create a good […]
Vivian Maier was a phenomenon and a story that tells us how an appreciation for art which come too late. She was an amateur photographer who worked every day as a nanny or a baby sitter. Vivian spent her free time taking images in the streets of big cities like New York and Chicago from […]
As a photographer, whether it be as an amateur or a professional, you’ve probably experienced difficulties and failures in your work. With preparation and experience, it may well be avoided. What are these worst case scenarios that photographers need to prepare for? The following are several examples of cases and how to avoid these worst […]