The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
Outside picture style that releas by canon, selecting a Picture Style just as you would choose a film type. Six preset Picture Styles are available with EOS DIGITAL. Create the image you desire from the scenes you see. Picture Style allows you to create exactly the image you want. Some people in the world, make […]
In computing, JPEG is a commonly used method of lossy compression for digital photography (image).It is the most common image file type captured by digital cameras, from standard point-and-shoot to DSLRs, and it provides easy compatibility with desktop software and Internet upload sites. The term “JPEG” is an acronym for the Joint Photographic Experts Group […]
If you want to find out how often a camera is used to photograph, then what you can do is check the shutter count number of that camera. This is very useful when you want to buy a used camera. Shutter Count (SC for short) is the total amount of times the camera’s shutter has […]
Learning photography is indeed, very enjoyable, especially, when we are just in the start of experiencing a new camera. But then that passion will slowly fade away. You will feel tedious and reluctant to learn again. There are some tips and tricks to always improve your skill in photography and ways to make you feel […]
If you’re a DSLR camera user, there’s a simple and quick tip to protect your lens and camera, especially when you’re using a telephoto lens attached to your camera body. Do pay attention to the way you carry your camera on your shoulder. Pay close attention to the two images below and note the difference […]
Cleaning the lens can help improve image quality. Here’s a pretty lengthy video tutorial by the (unofficial) Nikon Help Hotline channel on YouTube teaching how to properly and thoroughly clean a camera lens.
The subject of sports photography is extensive and as with playing sports, the more you practice the better you will be.Put simply, there is no right or wrong way to shoot sports. It’s an individual choice determined by you own vision, creativity, your visual goals, and access to the action. Knowing the sport is critical—not […]