The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
This video will help you set up and understand the different settings in your Nikon D7000. I walk you through each step of the way while interjecting how I would set up the menu if I owned the camera. If you have a Nikon D90 this video will also help you set up your camera […]
Marriage is a sacred event. It not only involves religious ceremonies of the wedding couple, but in many cultures, the wedding party upholds certain customs and traditions. Many different contingents are involved in the joyful day. Service providers (vendors) work hard in achieving a certain theme and atmosphere the wedding party wishes for. Among them, […]
Here are some general tips on posing for the camera. During a photo shoot, the photographer will usually direct the model for any specific poses that the photographer is trying to capture, but it helps if the model knows what to do without a lot of direction.
A parade is a festivity where we can photograph many interesting objects, whether it be the people in the parade or the audience. So what are the things we should pay attention and should prepare for when about to photograph a parade? Here are a few useful tips: 1.Find information of parade events. If available, […]
Yet again, the fever of selfie has taken another victim. Just like the previous article on Jared Michael who got kicked by a train driver when he posed for a selfie near a train, this time, the bad luck is on the side of a Mexico city guy. We do not know what exactly inside […]
The Auto Focus (AF) System in a camera found in the 1980’s is an important discovery in the world of photography and has had a major impact in bringing convenience to photographers. Without the Auto Focus, we would have to manually adjust the focus on the lens to really precisely focus on the objects we […]
Hiroshi Ueda, this Japanese man is often mentioned as the first ever founder of SELFIE stick. However, the following old picture will show you that it is in fact not a new invention because it has been used since 90 years ago, long before digital camera or other Smartphone cameras were even found. A picture […]