The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
If you photograph a lot of people and well-known landmarks, then the topic of model release forms would often come up. There’s often confusion about when you would need one and what it should entail. A model release, known in similar contexts as a liability waiver, is a legal release typically signed by the subject […]
When we are in the same location or position and we would like to immortalize what we see on camera, sometimes, we unconsciously make several mistakes. Though they are not fatal, but the impacts on the photos we take will look less interesting. Even though we can later fix those errors using software editing like […]
There is no doubt that great photos require a skilled and talented photographer to shoot them. Both skill and talent help photographers to correctly implement a scene’s elements such as light, shadow, composition and objects to create an amazing photo.Of all the various subjects, people reliably make the best photographs. Nothing is more fascinating to […]
No camera is especially designed for beginners. Even if there are cameras labeled as professional or entry-level, the difference exist in the feature that they have. Entry-level cameras can also be used for professional purposes as long as the photographer feel that all they require are in said camera. A professional camera will in turn […]
You’ll want to remember every part of your big day. Print this list for your wedding planner. Feel free to personalize this list with your own special requests.
Just last year, Oxford Dictionary dubbed the word “selfie” as the 2013 Word of the Year. A selfie, as many of you probably know, is a photograph taken of him/herself and usually taken using a smartphone camera of a webcam and then uploaded onto social media. Selfies are a fairly new trend, but did you […]
Who does not know SELFIE stick? Almost all photographers know or even have and use this photography accessory. This is a stick like monopod that can be extended or folded with a special sitting on it where you can attach your Smartphone or pocket camera. Apart from that, there are some of them that feature […]