The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
As a photographer, have you ever counted the total frames you’ve shot in the course of a week? Does range from 500, 1000, to even 2000 photos a week? Now can you imagine the amount of photos you’ll produce in a year? Clearly, abundant. With so many photographs in your case, it’s probably quite a […]
Each lens are made in accordance with the features and functions that it has. And the following are codes on Sigma lenses and the meaning to each one. EX – EX Lenses are premium lenses in the Sigma lens product line, like the L Series of Canon lenses. It’s no surprise that EX coded lenses […]
Shooting a soccer match is almost similar to shooting any other sport branches. There are many times photographers have no clue about what they have taken since things happen so fast to be seen by their normal eyes. Going by this reality, there is an urge of need to have the ability to frame “forecasted […]
As fans of photography, we of course understand that the equipment isn’t the only entity behind a good photograph. But the emergence of newer more powerful models is inevitable. This phenomenon has resulted in: – The arising feeling of self-consciousness and loss of confidence felt by owners of older models, as new models start to […]
Now days many digital cameras have a mode on them called ‘bulb’ mode that allows you as the photographer to keep the shutter open as long as you wish. This can be very handy in this type of photography to time your shots with precision. If you use this you’ll want to be using a […]
Here are some guidelines that can assist you in developing your photography skills. Always Carry Your Camera Everywhere The main reason being that you can miss those great photographic opportunities because you don’t have you camera with you. Make it a habit of carrying your camera with you everywhere you go because you never know […]
All digital cameras, may it be a DSLR or prosumer digital cameras, there is a dial button to camera’s modes. The dial most often encountered is that for the PSAM and Auto Full Auto Modes. But what are the different between the P and the Auto Mode? They’re very similar in that they can be […]