The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
TechnoFotografia created a concept design for the yet-to-be-announced Nikon D800 DSLR. One of the novel features dreamed up for the design is a LCD screen that can be detached from the camera and used remotely . If this were to ever exist on a DSLR, losing the screens would be an issue, and replacing them […]
In Selective Color Photography Using Adobe Photoshop part 1 and part 2, I’ve explained how to achieve a selective color photograph using masking and using hue and saturation settings. In this 3rd part, I will show you how to create a selective color photograph using the “COLOR RANGE” feature on Adobe Photoshop. 1. The first […]
If you have patience, a passion for photography, and think you have what it takes to create sellable stock photographs, consider signing up with a microstock agency.As high quality DSLR cameras are getting more affordable, the gap between skilled amateur and professional photographers is shrinking. More and more people are coming to realize that selling […]
For those of you who are still learning photography, have you ever been puzzled as to why your photos didn’t turn out sharp even though you’ve bought a high-tech camera with an expensive lens and settings that you feel was right for the shot? Or why when you’ve used a tripod, the photo still looks […]
Light, we all know, is everything in photography. No wonder then that it is so hard to work with a digital camera’s flash. Sure, everyone can get a half decent shot about half of the time by relying on the built-in meter and auto-exposure system, but the results will be disappointing as often as not. […]
In the year 1939, Goro Yoshida and his brother Saburo Uchida developed a Precision Optical Instrument Laboratory in Japan. 4 years later, they created their first camera, naming it “Kwanon.” It was named after the Buddha Bodhisattva Guan Yin that’s better known in Japan as Kannon. The logo incorporates the Kwanon image with 1000 arms […]
Here are list of error messages from Canon EOS DSLR Err 01 : Communications between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts. -Clean the electrical contacts on the camera and lens.