The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
In the year 1939, Goro Yoshida and his brother Saburo Uchida developed a Precision Optical Instrument Laboratory in Japan. 4 years later, they created their first camera, naming it “Kwanon.” It was named after the Buddha Bodhisattva Guan Yin that’s better known in Japan as Kannon. The logo incorporates the Kwanon image with 1000 arms […]
This iconic 1957 Richard Avedon photo, “Marilyn Monroe, actress, New York,” is now in the collection of New York’s Museum of Modern Art. Today the museum announced its acquisition of 39 Avedon photographs, more than doubling its collection of the late photographer’s work. “We are very grateful…for the cooperation of The Richard Avedon Foundation, which […]
The following are some common mistakes made by beginner and amateur photographers. The people at Panasonic found these via a survey they conducted, numbered in order of its frequency. 1. Most common mistake made by digital camera users, of up to 35.2% of the people surveyed, is the loss of battery power. Digital cameras, obviously, […]
There are several differences to consider when deciding whether to purchase the D5100 or D90.
Here are list of error messages from Canon EOS DSLR Err 01 : Communications between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts. -Clean the electrical contacts on the camera and lens.
Photography cameras, point-and-shoot and DSLRs alike, are now quite common in everyone’s inventory. More affordable technologies and ways of showcasing the results are now plenty and more varied. It’s no wonder that now photography has become a hobby for many people. But the desire to learn the crafts of photography properly does not increase with […]
Becoming a professional photographer is not something you can do overnight. It takes a lot of practice and learning. The mastery of instruments, the ability to visualize ideas and also patience to wait the right moments are the keys to success in becoming a great photographer. There are 6 important tips that you can learn […]