The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
Smartphone camera, DSLR, Instagram are hardly new things for kids in this era. Most of them in their teens know and are able to use them. But what happens when they are handed a point and shot camera that is quite outdated and rustic since it was a high-tech camera around the 98’s. How they […]
This is a great chubby lens. The 105mm f/1.8 has a 9-bladed diaphragm, has a built-in telescoping hood, and takes 62mm filters. It has five elements in five groups. Close focus is 3 feet or 1m. It is 3.1″ (78mm) around by 3.5″ (88mm) long and weighs 20 oz (580g). The beauty of a great […]
1.Barbie Camera If you’re a fan of cameras, but don’t want to own one that looks like a camera, you have to check out these new merchandise from Barbie. Called the Fashion Photo Barbie, this camera is designed in the shape of a Barbie doll. So it’s basically a Barbie Doll with camera features. This […]
We of course choose a hobby based on interest. Otherwise, what’s the point? Work should also be based on interest for us to enjoy it. There are many different ways to enjoy photography as a hobby. One way by trying to achieve forced perspective photographs. As the name suggests, this photography technique plays around with […]
Photography is originated from Greek language, “photos” which literally means light and “graphein” which means drawing. In other words, it means drawing with light. Lighting is the most important part of photography and there will be times when you will need additional light sources. For example, pop-up flash (or flash featured in every camera), it […]
A good landscape photograph is an image that can translate every impression that we see in the real life. Only by seeing a picture, a viewer is expected to feel the ambience like the warm or the cold temperature and also the wind inside a beautiful visual work. Every single piece of landscape photography should […]
If you’ve ever wondered what all those strange modes on your camera do, this may answer your questions..LOL