The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
Canon 70D and Nikon D7100 are premium DSLRs and both serves well for both professional photographers and hobbyists alike. Some similarities between the two: -Generally, the buttons and dial on both cameras are quite elaborate. Speed of continuous shots are almost identical. Canon 70D is capable of shooting up to 7 photos per second, while […]
Focal length of 50mm is popular because the field of view that’s in focus is approximately what you see in the real world. There is no distortion of space like in ultra wide angle lens, and it is not compressed like telephoto lens.Therefore, focal length of 50mm is also an honest lens. Because it does […]
There are people who say that “pictures or images say thousands of words”. One of them is by telling and showing us what we are feeling and our relationship with someone. Every season, this couple took an image in front of their house. As the result, without any explanation and description, a story is being […]
To choose a Smartphone with a good quality camera is actually not difficult only if we know exactly what to be considered. The most important thing to decide is the image sensor of the camera which is usually neglected. The bigger the image sensor is, the better the quality of the camera. Most cameras have […]
So you wanna be a cycling photographer? Sure, it looks like a cool job (it is!), but if you think the magazine editors will line up to buy your poorly cropped, badly lit, blurry shots of the back end of the pack… think again. If you’re standing along the route of a bicycle race and […]
– I want to create photographs with blurry backgrounds, how do I achieve such a feat? Answer: The trick to doing so has been previously discussed in this post. – I’m using a kit lens and I’ve set the aperture to its widest exposure, how come the background isn’t blurry? Answer:
1.Barbie Camera If you’re a fan of cameras, but don’t want to own one that looks like a camera, you have to check out these new merchandise from Barbie. Called the Fashion Photo Barbie, this camera is designed in the shape of a Barbie doll. So it’s basically a Barbie Doll with camera features. This […]