The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs D5000 at OneSlidePhotography.com
The following is a video on how to clean your DSLR camera. What you need is a bucket with enough water, a detergent and a water compressor. The steps are as follows.
Here are some general tips on posing for the camera. During a photo shoot, the photographer will usually direct the model for any specific poses that the photographer is trying to capture, but it helps if the model knows what to do without a lot of direction.
Almost in every picture we must see an empty space. That empty space is there for a reason, because emptiness is not always meaningless. Empty space can be very beneficial in adding aesthetic effect on a picture but on the other hand, it can also ruin the beauty of it. Yet it is definitely one […]
Here’s the world’s first photo model, or the first ever person to be photographed with a camera. Want to know how the person who was dubbed the first photo model looks like? The answer is in the photograph above. The University of Rochester gave an award for the making of this first photograph of a […]
Many beginners often ask: “How do I make the background of my photograph look blurry?” It is actually quite easy to achieve and it can be done in three easy steps. First of all, you will need a DSLR type camera because DSLRs have large sensors and the lenses are interchangeable. You can, however, try […]
Selfies have become quite the phenomenon. Everyone’s doing it these days; from everyday folks, celebrities, presidents, and even astronauts. Here are some selfies that have been featured and plastered all over the internet:
There is a friend of mine who once told me a story “yesterday, I went to an old house which is said to be haunted. Did you know what happened when I was taking a picture in an empty room? There were some mysterious circular lights and I am quite sure that at the moment, […]