The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
These photos interest you? And are you curious as to how they were taken? Like what camera was used, what filters, shutter speed settings, ISO? Or maybe you’re curious as to how it was edited in photoshop and what techniques were used to get these results? I will explain to you in detail and answer […]
The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable […]
If you have patience, a passion for photography, and think you have what it takes to create sellable stock photographs, consider signing up with a microstock agency.As high quality DSLR cameras are getting more affordable, the gap between skilled amateur and professional photographers is shrinking. More and more people are coming to realize that selling […]
Many beginner photographers think that a good photo can only be obtained by using a sharp lens that produces sharpness right to the edge of the frame. There’s truth in that, but it’s not always so. A sharp image without a sharp message doesn’t amount to much of a photograph. What would make a better […]
Lenses ideally project the color spectrum right on the sensor, creating a sharp image. But in reality, there are several colors in the spectrum that aren’t precisely projected, especially in low quality lenses. In cases like these, the focus falls outside the intended focus point, sometimes in front and sometimes behind the sensor. This means […]
NO BRAND WAR…it just a Camera war..=)..just for fun.. Hope you enjoy it..
Taking the guesswork out of lighting, this invaluable examination provides tools and techniques from an accomplished expert. The most essential principles for photo shoots are presented through lengthy image sequences, considering different finishes for reflective surfaces, types of light sources, light modifiers, and even light placements. From creating fundamental looks to the effect of fine-tuning […]