The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
To play a symphony using a saxophone or a piano is a very common thing. What about playing it using a DSLR camera? Doesn’t it sound so unique and interesting? Around 14 Nikon cameras worth ten thousands of dollars are particularly arranged and operated to create a symphony. It is Benjamin Von Wong who got […]
Photography and social media are two inseparable elements that always go hand in hand. Most of photographers especially beginners will always post their works on Facebook, twitter, instagram and etc. to show them off to people. They expect to get good comments and some feedbacks as well as praises. But there are some of their […]
In Selective Color Photography Using Adobe Photoshop part 1 and part 2, I’ve explained how to achieve a selective color photograph using masking and using hue and saturation settings. In this 3rd part, I will show you how to create a selective color photograph using the “COLOR RANGE” feature on Adobe Photoshop. 1. The first […]
If a camera digital which is not designed to be water-resistant fell into the sea, what could possibly happen? The hugest possibility is the images saved inside the camera would be damaged. Maybe that’s exactly what Paul Burgoyne thought when his camera (Panasonic Lumix) was drowning to the sea, together with the ship he was […]
Here are, collections of cool and sexy fixed gear photography from around the world…enjoy 😉
Do not blindly rely on a memory card based on its brand. I’ve once bought a highly recommended memory cards, and it broke two years after. The brands usually brag on its long life, but it’s better to focus on brands with convenient after-sale service from the memory card’s seller or producer because memory cards […]
A once commercial photographer who did a lot of sport and magazine work, Graham Monro took his professional skills over to the domestic field of photography where he exclusively shoots portraits. In this video, he explains great tips to achieve phenomenal photographs of families and children. Though the video’s title explains that it explains wedding […]