The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
Unless you make a living as a photographer, photography, like other hobbies, may get boring at times. Not to mention if your free time is limited or you’re starting to feel the jaded point where inspiration is null and creativity hits a dead end. But it would be quite a waste if the camera and […]
Photo by : Ciel Photography on Flickr As what was done by the two pioneers of this field of photography, lomography has developed into a photographic technique that ignores the existing rules. When executing conventional photography techniques, a lot of rules must be adhered to (e.g. shutter speed, ISO, and aperture) to create a good […]
The Nikon D5100 is Nikon’s newest camera. It offers the same technical image quality of the unbeaten Nikon D7000 in a smaller, lighter, less expensive package.The D5100 has a very similar 16.2MP CMOS sensor to the excellent one seen in the D7000 but, understandably, loses out on that camera’s high-end build and feature-set. So there’s […]
image source: chinatibet.people.com.cn Religious events are sacred. They deserve respect from everyone involved, including photographers; even professional photographers. But now what’s become a pattern is, photographers seem to waive the ethics and respect needed when capturing such events. As photographers, you should always be empathetic and forever respectful of the goings on of the proceedings. […]
If you’re a DSLR camera user, there’s a simple and quick tip to protect your lens and camera, especially when you’re using a telephoto lens attached to your camera body. Do pay attention to the way you carry your camera on your shoulder. Pay close attention to the two images below and note the difference […]
As a photographer, whether it be as an amateur or a professional, you’ve probably experienced difficulties and failures in your work. With preparation and experience, it may well be avoided. What are these worst case scenarios that photographers need to prepare for? The following are several examples of cases and how to avoid these worst […]
NO BRAND WAR…it just a Camera war..=)..just for fun.. Hope you enjoy it..