The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
There are several differences to consider when deciding whether to purchase the D5100 or D90.
Today, photography is like a mold. It grows so fast. In one side, the demand for visual need is increasing along with the media development to view images for example in social media. At the other side, there are too many photographers around. The number of photo imaging graduates in Sydney is around 50 people […]
If you want to buy a lens for Canon DSLR, maybe you would be flustered to choose which version from two that you should buy. The first version is lens in standard box which printed an information about the lens on it. The second version is lens in white box, just plain white box without […]
Here are some tips to get you looking like a professional photographer. The newest, most advanced, and of course most expensive lenses are sometimes a necessary investment if you want to be a professional photographer. To capture those important moments, skilled hands that can quickly change between lenses is an important factor so you won’t […]
TechnoFotografia created a concept design for the yet-to-be-announced Nikon D800 DSLR. One of the novel features dreamed up for the design is a LCD screen that can be detached from the camera and used remotely . If this were to ever exist on a DSLR, losing the screens would be an issue, and replacing them […]
Many photographers prefer to buy a camera or lens in brand new condition. This is a common, because we’ll be getting the latest model, the best condition of equipment, and the satisfaction of getting a warrantied product. If the available budget is sufficient, then buying a camera or lens in new condition may be the […]
Many professional photographers always advice amateurs that “to become a successful photographer, you need to be very very patient.” Yup, in additional to skill and sufficient knowledge of your camera, patience is a very important factor in producing extraordinary photographs. Many amateur photographers fail in creating those quality photos because they lack patience in waiting […]