The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
– I want to create photographs with blurry backgrounds, how do I achieve such a feat? Answer: The trick to doing so has been previously discussed in this post. – I’m using a kit lens and I’ve set the aperture to its widest exposure, how come the background isn’t blurry? Answer:
Specially for high-speed photographers and photography enthusiasts! Essentially, this device will trigger the camera once an impact occurs (which will generate a sound) on the object that’s to be photographed. The sound is then received by the device and will the trigger the activation of the camera. Before turning on the camera device, there are […]
Rarindra Prakarsa is a Jakarta, Indonesia based photographer. He love his country and tried to capture the unseen beauty of Indonesia from artist’s point of view by taking these inspiring photos of landscapes, nature, culture and faces. Rarindra Parkash captured the different kind of people and their livings with pure colors of life and showed […]
Selfies have become quite the phenomenon. Everyone’s doing it these days; from everyday folks, celebrities, presidents, and even astronauts. Here are some selfies that have been featured and plastered all over the internet:
The following are points to consider when conducting a model/portrait photo shoots. In this post, I will be discussing the matter of composition, angle, backgrounds, and lightings; areas in which beginners usually make mistakes in. 1. Composition Pay close attention to the composition when photographing a person. If the scene above the head of the […]
Since the digital age introduced itself to cameras, photography has become more intriguing and definitely more enjoy, for both hobbyists/enthusiasts and professionals. With the increasing number of people pursuing this hobby, one of the most joyous effects is that cameras have become progressively cheaper. But these cheap price tags of camera did not include the […]
An image sensor is a device that converts an optical image to an electric signal. It is used mostly in digital cameras and other imaging devices. Early sensors were video camera tubes but a modern one is typically a charge-coupled device (CCD) or a complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor (CMOS) active pixel sensor. Today, most digital still cameras […]