The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
The golden age of analogue cameras has diminished to make way for a newer more high-tech age of the DSLRs. This however, does not mean that analogues have been pushed into a corner. There’s still a minor breed of young photographers still investing their interest in these most vintage mode of photography. These enthusiasts, however, […]
When we are in the same location or position and we would like to immortalize what we see on camera, sometimes, we unconsciously make several mistakes. Though they are not fatal, but the impacts on the photos we take will look less interesting. Even though we can later fix those errors using software editing like […]
DSLRs (and for that matter all digital cameras) are capable of many different options and uses. Learning to use a digital camera is in some ways like learning to use a computer or cell phone or any other electronic device. The user must know which button to press or option to select, where to find […]
It’s quite simple to find inspirations for constructing an interesting set of pre wedding photography to display during your wedding reception. Location, atmosphere, and costume can be chosen to support the theme that both of you can relate to. The following are a few guidelines to determining that perfect theme for your special day: 1. […]
1. Wiley Post & Will Rogers Wiley Post was the first solo pilot to have flown around the world along with his best friend Will Rogers, who were also both a famous comedian and social commentator. This photograph (Will on the left standing on the plane’s wing sporting a tie and a hat) was taken […]
Here are some general tips on posing for the camera. During a photo shoot, the photographer will usually direct the model for any specific poses that the photographer is trying to capture, but it helps if the model knows what to do without a lot of direction.
Light, we all know, is everything in photography. No wonder then that it is so hard to work with a digital camera’s flash. Sure, everyone can get a half decent shot about half of the time by relying on the built-in meter and auto-exposure system, but the results will be disappointing as often as not. […]