The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
Anyone can point a camera and click, but it takes a certain eye to be able to take those same pictures and turn them into masterpieces that can win contests.The winning photographs you see posted on the site feature a strong combination of the assets we seek in an image. These include: thoughtful attention to […]
As a novice photographer, or as someone starting out in learning the craft, your need of digital post-processing is inevitable. Now more than ever, digital processing softwares are popping up everywhere. Whether it be the instant kind (like Instagram, Hipstamatic, or ToyCamera) or the manual professionally-aimed ones (such as Adobe Photoshop, Aperture, or Lightroom), there’s […]
Many beginner photographers think that a good photo can only be obtained by using a sharp lens that produces sharpness right to the edge of the frame. There’s truth in that, but it’s not always so. A sharp image without a sharp message doesn’t amount to much of a photograph. What would make a better […]
Here are some tips of how to take a stunning sunset photography. A golden hour time, with special atmosphere, that very great time to take a photographs. Let’s see some technique and tips for take a better sunset.
Learn 3 different studio portrait lighting techniques using just one light.
Here are the newest version of my Sound-Activated Trigger v 3.0. With an updated new and improved technology, this trigger now triggers directly from your camera. Easier installations, easier usage, and more user-friendly. Below are sample photos and video of the new product. Enjoy and order soon 🙂
So you wanna be a cycling photographer? Sure, it looks like a cool job (it is!), but if you think the magazine editors will line up to buy your poorly cropped, badly lit, blurry shots of the back end of the pack… think again. If you’re standing along the route of a bicycle race and […]