The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
Recently, rumors has circulated about a Swedish hacked name Bjorn Mabro who’s successfully embedded Apple’s Siri application into his Canon 5D Mark II. This hacker, who is also a robotics student, claimed that the Siri feature in his DSLR responds to 124 commands in different voices. These commands range from the simple shutter release to […]
In this episode, Mark Wallace from Adorama TV will go over the principles of shooting video with a DSLR.
If a camera digital which is not designed to be water-resistant fell into the sea, what could possibly happen? The hugest possibility is the images saved inside the camera would be damaged. Maybe that’s exactly what Paul Burgoyne thought when his camera (Panasonic Lumix) was drowning to the sea, together with the ship he was […]
Bokeh describes the rendition of out-of-focus points of light. Bokeh comes from the Japanese word ‘boke’, which means fuzzy. In photography, bokeh defines the quality of the blurred lights presented in a photo. We’re not referring to a badly taken photo that’s all out of focus, but rather the aesthetically pleasing background blur. Usually, this […]
In photography and videography, a filter is a camera accessory consisting of an optical filter that can be inserted in the optical path. The filter can be a square or oblong shape mounted in a holder accessory, or, more commonly, a glass or plastic disk with a metal or plastic ring frame, which can be […]
Outside picture style that releas by canon, selecting a Picture Style just as you would choose a film type. Six preset Picture Styles are available with EOS DIGITAL. Create the image you desire from the scenes you see. Picture Style allows you to create exactly the image you want. Some people in the world, make […]
Capturing fireworks is fun, capturing fireworks pictures are an example of beauty and excitement happening at the same time, but also a rather difficult moment to capture on camera correctly. Oftentimes the photographer is left with pictures of white streaks outlining a very black sky. The following are some tips that will help anyone photograph […]