The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
If you’ve ever wondered what all those strange modes on your camera do, this may answer your questions..LOL
All types of lens available in the market feature a point where if we move closer to the object of the photo, the lens cannot focus (blurred). Commonly, this point is called Minimum Focusing Distance (MFD). It is indicated in length (for example 0, 5 m) measured from the distance of sensor in camera to […]
A photograph can be very valuable because of the image that it depicts. It may be of a once-in-a-lifetime moment or of a time and place you once loved. But over time, the aging process of a photograph is inevitable. If not stored correctly, a photo can be damaged over time and you may lose […]
Taking images of Moon can be challenging, unpredictable, complicated and at the same time it can be the most interesting thing to do especially when the moon rises as a huge globe over the horizon. It’s without question the brightest spot in the night sky and maybe due to the lunar mystic or simply due […]
The arrival of the D5100 appears to signal the completion of Nikons refresh of its non-pro DSLR lineup. Nikon’s latest DSLR is official, the D5100, promising Full HD video recording, 16.2-megapixel stills, and fancy features like in-camera HDR photography, ISO 102,400 for extreme low-light shots, and effects like selective color sampling. The Nikon D5100 also […]
Camera phones have opened up a whole new world to hobbyists who enjoy the convenience and ease of phone photography. Learn some of the secrets you need to know to take great looking photographs with your camera phone by simply taking advantage of its capabilities, and learn how easy it is to share your photos […]
If we buy an L series lens from Canon, surely we will find a line of code on the back of the lens. The code is the code of the year and the place where the lens was made. Now, for buying lenses, especially the used lens .. this code can be very utilized in […]