The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for canon 500D vs Nikon D5000 which is better at OneSlidePhotography.com
You must be familiar with the above photo. It is of course the photo of the default wallpaper for the Luna theme in Windows XP, and it’s the most used wallpaper for Windows PC user alls all of over the world. According to an online report, this photograph titled “Bliss” has been viewed by over […]
One of the most fun activities in photography is model shoot, especially for guys. It cannot be denied that the models’ captivating beauty and great curvy body can make the photographer lost in their world. Though it seems easy, model shoot has its own challenge like how we direct the model to act certain pose, […]
Hilarious “Nikon Girl” Video Parody from Photographer Joey L.Famous photographer Joey L has created a very cute video called “Nikon Girl” and if you’ve got a couple of minutes, it’ll put a smile on your face.
Camera phones have opened up a whole new world to hobbyists who enjoy the convenience and ease of phone photography. Learn some of the secrets you need to know to take great looking photographs with your camera phone by simply taking advantage of its capabilities, and learn how easy it is to share your photos […]
One of the greatest fears of a photographer is to attach the memory card to the computer only to find that it has been damaged and all of the images have been lost. To protect against this disaster it is recommended that you test your memory card on a regular basis. This can be done […]
You may often listen to photographers’ questions asking which brand of camera that suits them to be a better photographer. Stop asking such question. Just use what you have in hand now. Go find great locations to shoot wherever it is and just take shots and snaps. Sometimes, people think that expensive camera makes images […]
As a photographer, it is sometimes tricky to direct rookie models the way we want to behave and how they should convey their expressions in a certain photo shoot session. Whereas on the contrary, professional models need little directions from the photographer, a description of the theme is all they need to be able to […]