The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs d5000 comparison at OneSlidePhotography.com
FAQ and General Facts about DSLR Lens Hoods 1. What is the purpose of a lens hood and what the extent in difference of the outcomes between the use and non-use of it? 2. When and in what situations should the lens hood be used? 3. Is there a significant difference in results when using […]
Like in everything else, there are records of firsts in the world of photography. The following are some of the most groundbreaking firsts that we now find photographs of the norm. Check them out! First Fetus Photograph In 1965, Swedish scientist Lennart Nilsson photographed this 20-week old fetuswhile the fetus was alive without any interference. […]
If you’ve ever wondered what all those strange modes on your camera do, this may answer your questions..LOL
There is one feature in the average pocket camera that you should avoid the usage of: the digital zoom. Why? Here is the explanation: Usually, a pocket point-and-shoot camera is equipped with lenses that have two zoom capabilities: optical and digital zoom. When you use the optical zoom, the optic glass component inside the lens […]
Children can be captured on camera successfully in many different circumstances and locations. When photographing children you’ve got to keep it moving, make it fun and yield to their character. For most children, getting their photograph taken is fun and they will perform for the photographer. This in turn brings their personality to life on […]
Damir Sagolj is a Reuters photographer from Sarajevo based in Thailand. In the following video, he shares 7 tips regarding photojournalism. Here are the 7 photojournalism tips as discussed by Damir in the above video: 1. Anticipation You must always anticipate the coming of that important, picture perfect moment. How? When on location, don’t just […]
Camera phones have opened up a whole new world to hobbyists who enjoy the convenience and ease of phone photography. Learn some of the secrets you need to know to take great looking photographs with your camera phone by simply taking advantage of its capabilities, and learn how easy it is to share your photos […]