The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs d5000 comparison at OneSlidePhotography.com
Recently, someone commented on the photography blog about how a friend chose a used Canon 1D Mark IIn (2005) over a Canon 7D (2009). Their friend’s reason behind this decision is quite simple; because the Canon 1D Mark IIn is classified as a professional camera. So, what really differentiate a pro camera from a non-pro? […]
If you want to find out how often a camera is used to photograph, then what you can do is check the shutter count number of that camera. This is very useful when you want to buy a used camera. Shutter Count (SC for short) is the total amount of times the camera’s shutter has […]
One of the simplest forms of astrophotography is capturing star trails. From helpful tips and tricks to required equipment and recommended camera settings, I will try to cover in this article the basic photography technique and equipment needed for star trails photography.
Many assumes that the shutter count of a camera determines the age of the camera. There’s some truth in that, but it’s not all there is to it. Sure, the more frequently a camera is used, the greater the chance of damage but the figures on the shutter count can’t be used as a reference […]
If you have patience, a passion for photography, and think you have what it takes to create sellable stock photographs, consider signing up with a microstock agency.As high quality DSLR cameras are getting more affordable, the gap between skilled amateur and professional photographers is shrinking. More and more people are coming to realize that selling […]
Nikon has just announced a new Pro DSLR that will sell like hotcakes among professional photographers. The Nikon D800 is a camera equipped with the highest photo resolution ever (in the DSLR category) of 36 MP. With a resolution that high, it’ll be a breeze for photographers to capture tiny details when shooting landscapes, fashion, […]
Here are a few tutorials and guides from our sites that might be of some assistance in choosing the best camera for you. The following tips will help you get the best deal when choosing a digital camera.