The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs d5000 comparison at OneSlidePhotography.com
A flash is pretty much a must-have accessory for a photographer. Because photography itself, “Photos-graphein” literally means drawing with light. Without light, there’d be no pictures. Buying a new flash of course isn’t a problem because buying something new doesn’t require the need to for detail checking of its condition. Plus, it usually includes warranty. […]
For some people, these names may sound unfamiliar. However, when you see their works or the images they created, you may say that you know them. For instance, when you see the “bliss” image with the carpet of lush green grapevine’s farm with a clear blue sky, you must know that it is the default […]
Focal length of 50mm is popular because the field of view that’s in focus is approximately what you see in the real world. There is no distortion of space like in ultra wide angle lens, and it is not compressed like telephoto lens.Therefore, focal length of 50mm is also an honest lens. Because it does […]
Light, we all know, is everything in photography. No wonder then that it is so hard to work with a digital camera’s flash. Sure, everyone can get a half decent shot about half of the time by relying on the built-in meter and auto-exposure system, but the results will be disappointing as often as not. […]
People and all aspects of their daily lives are always interesting photo themes. The interesting factors can be triggered by the touching atmosphere of the scenes. These epic scenes may be of a cultural activity or a seemingly mundane day-to-day ritual. For photographers with a keen eye in observing social issues, these human activity and […]
For some of us, the difficult part of photography is not about learning the techniques of shooting but more about finding confidence with your shooting ability. The lack of confidence is a common dilemma in the world of photography. So, how to deal with it? There are ten tips on how to help you get […]