The launch of the beginner DSLRs like the Canon 500D and the Nikon D5000 at almost the same time may confuse consumers. Besides the titles using the numbers 5 & 0 and the letter D, they both have video recording capabilities and has a similar sticker price. So which of these two is most suitable for you?
Superiority of the Canon 500D
– A wider viewfinder (it has a 0.87x compared to D5000’s 0.78x)
– 15 megapixels (Compared to 12 MP)
– Maximum ISO of 12800
– 14-bit image processing (compared to 12-bit)
– An available vertical grip (sold separately)
– Larger 3-inch screen (compared to 2.7 inches)
– Higher screen resolution (920,000 pixels, compared to D5000’s 230,000 pixels)
– Longer recording time of 18 minutes or 4GB (compared to 5 minutes)
– Capable of recording full HD 1080p, though slightly not smooth due to the 20 fps limit.
– Compatible with any Canon EOS lens; whether its an EF-S or EF series. The Nikon D5000 is only compatible with AF-S Nikon lenses and Sigma HSMs. Read the rest of this entry » .
Related Photography Ideas for 500D vs d5000 comparison at OneSlidePhotography.com
A short while ago, I’ve made a post explaining the meaning in different Sigma lens codes. Now, in this post, I’ll explain the meaning codes for Tamron and Tokina lenses. They are as follows: Tamron Lenses Di – Digitally Integrated. Lenses with this code has a coating optimized for digital cameras. Di-II – This is […]
Here are some tips how to take care for a good camera to function properly and live longer :
There are currently only four manufacturers producing APS-C format digital SLRs. In order of their respective market shares they are Canon, Nikon, Sony and Pentax. While Pentax seems content to plod along with its two percent share of the market and its small but excellent range of entry-level and semi-pro models, the other three brands […]
Indeed, digital camera gives photographers a number of benefits. The LCD screen on it allows us to see the resulted photo right after the shutter button is pressed and if the result is not satisfactory you can simply delete it and take another shot. Apart from that, the auto exposure feature also makes things even […]
A camera is a vehicle for safekeeping your memories and your artistic visions. And like any vehicle, it needs to be equipped with various accessories to enhance its ability or just to maintain its durability. It’s advisable that when we are to buy a camera, we also allocate sufficient funds to buy the most necessary […]
In today’s day and age, technology is developing so fast. Back then, cell phone was used only for communication and now, there are so many other functions of it as a medium for internet browsing and surfing as well as social media. Furthermore, we can even take images with it. The most popular style of […]
Peter Hurley is a famous portrait and headshot photographer. He has been splashing around the world of close up photography for more than a decade. Headshot photograph is a photo which is taken with the head and a small part of the shoulder as the focus of the photo. In this opportunity, Peter will share […]